Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Beginning

Hi guys,

Welcome to my blog! A bit of background: I obsess over games. All my life I have loved having something to think about when I'm riding the bus or bored in class, ever since 4th grade when I got into Pokemon cards. I eventually got into Magic, and even when my friends (and by extention, I) stopped playing games, I would still read about them, just to come up with fun and interesting ideas that I would never use. Thus when some friends introduced me to Warhammer 40k in high school, I jumped at it. Sadly, 40k was far from ideal; my friends rarely played because of how long games took and how difficult it was to get a full army together, and the army I chose, Dark Eldar, had not had a new release in nearly a decade. When I got to college, I was glad to find a new group to play 40k with, but the same problems persisted. When I graduated, I moved to Seattle, and found the local gaming groups played Warmachine/Hordes rather than Warhammer. Being the game freak I am, I had read the rules for the game, but had never played, and seeing as my 40k had been gathering dust for a while, I decided to transfer over to WM/H, going with Legion of Everblight. I hope to chronicle my exploits here - listing the games I play, the models I'm thinking about, and the painting I get done. Thanks for reading, and I hope I can provide some insight as a new player getting into the world of Privateer Press gaming!

-TheNightmare

No comments:

Post a Comment