Monday, June 13, 2011

Some assembly required

Some of you may remember that I was hoping to put up pictures of the modelling projects I was working on towards the end of last month. While I was delayed even more than expected, several of them are finally coming to fruition! First off, I'd like to present, for the second time, my Scythean!

The main problem I had with him was the arms - they were too heavy, and just wouldn't stay on, no matter what I tried. Eventually, I got help from a friend of mine at my local gaming store and pinned the arms on. I'm hoping to get him painted over the course of the next week, and I'll put up more pictures when I do.

Next is a project I've been meaning to get done for sometime. When ordering my last unit, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with Warmongers or Warspears. I really didn't like the look of the Warmonger models, so I decided to get a Warspear box and several Warmonger arms, and convert them. However, after playing for a few weeks, I discovered I preferred each type of Ogrun in different situations, so rather than just convert them, I magnetized the arms so I can swap them out. So here they are, my Warmongers/Warspears:

I greenstuffed over the magnets attached to the stumps and Warspear arms, but didn't do it for the Warmonger arms since they were too heavy for the magnets to hold with GS in the way. With any luck the paint will cover the magnets well enough that they won't be noticible.

Also coming up this week is Lock & Load, Privateer Press's first gaming convention. I'll be going, and aside from a few seminars, I plan to spend most of my time in the Iron Arena. Hope to see you guys there!

No comments:

Post a Comment