Monday, March 21, 2011

General Update and the start of the Month of Madness

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates - I got pretty swamped last week and didn't get a chance to get much Warmachine time in. I thought I'd take this time to let you know how my army is progressing.

Currently on the painting block are my Ogrun Warspears. I've been putting them off for a while now, mainly because the last time I painted a unit, it was exhausting. I've managed to get the first few colors on them, but my attempts to get them finished in a week failed miserably. I've decided that I'm going to let them sit for now and work on some other projects. I'll get a picture of them in the unfinished state later today.

The second big project I'm working on is my Scythean. I'm running into a major problem with him - the arms are too heavy for the glue to hold, causing them to fall off. I've asked some friends from the LGS to help me pin them, but for now, he's running around the battlefield armless. If I do manage to get the pinning going, I'll try to get some pictures so you guys can follow along! Oddly, being armless makes him much easier to play with since the arms don't get in the way of people getting in base-to-base with him.

Last but not least, there's another tournament coming up next month. Its at Games and Gizmos, one of the stores I used to frequent, but haven't been to in a while. This time, we're playing 2 35-point lists. I'm probably going to bring the following:

Epic Thagrosh
-Carnivean
-8 Shredders
Striders + UA
2 Spell Martyrs

Saeryn
-Carnivean
-Scythean
-2 Shredders
Striders + UA
The Blackfrost Shard
2 Spell Martyrs

These are the two lists I feel most comfortable playing, particularly since both Warlocks have 7 fury, which both lets me measure a larger area and gives me more flexibility with my beasts.

There is one catch about these lists - they aren't fully painted yet. I've decided I'm going to try to get them completed in the course of the month leading up to the tournament, in what I'm calling the Month of Madness. There are several steps in the process, and I'm going to list them out here. I'll add a new post once a week so you guys can follow along with my progress!

-Strip badly painted Shredders and Spell Martyrs (IN PROGRESS)
-Pin Scythean arms
-Prime Shredders, Scythean, Spell Martyrs, Blackfrost Shard
-Paint Shredders
-Paint Blackfrost Shard
-Paint Scythean
-Paint Spell Martyrs
-Base army

Its going to be a huge effort, and I don't know how much will get done, but with any luck, by the end of this month I'll have two fully painted and based lists!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck! It never occurred to me how heavy his arms would be, I hope the pinning works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered using green stuff to help shore up the model while the glue dries? I do that sometimes with my heavy greater daemon models from warhammer 40k. Either with or without pinning.

    ReplyDelete