Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm featured in another blog's battle report!

So as I've mentioned previously, I participated in a battle report at my store. I just noticed it was posted yesterday, but I wanted to hold off on reposting it until I had a chance to write up some of my afterthoughts. So without further ado, you can find it at the dice abide.

Though it was kind of a pain to reiterate everything I did after the turn and wait for pictures to get taken, its really cool to have pictures of the battle. I think I'll try to do that sometime, at very least to see how hard it is. One of the big things I noticed both during the battle and now looking back at the pictures is how badly outnumbered I was. My opponent had the same number of heavies as I did, a light for each of my lessers, and almost as many Nihilators as I had infantry models, including Spell Martyrs. As mentioned in the report, the major turning point was I caught my opponent's Bronzeback  in charge range but one thing they don't mention is how hard I was trying to bait it - literally after every Strider moved, I asked if he wanted to use Admonition or Countercharge. To my opponent's credit he waited until he thought the charge path was blocked, but didn't account for me killing my own models to make room. The other part of the battle I was particularly excited about was Saeryn, a Shredder, and a Spell Martyr taking on the entire Nihilator unit on the bottom. Overall I'm happy with how the battle went despite not feating at the right time. As I mentioned a few posts back, I'm now going to put Saeryn and my Striders aside for a little while, as I'm getting a bit too dependent on them. This is going to be particularly challenging since I have a tournament coming up in a week and a half. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment