Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nephilim Soldier Painted

So I finally got around to painted a new model: the Nephilim Soldier.


I'm pretty happy with how this guy turned out. Nephilim are a cross between elves and dragon-beasts, and I wanted that idea to carry through to the paint scheme. Its skin is ice blue and the scales are coal, just like all my warbeasts. However, he also has silver armor as well as brown straps, like my infantry. I also used the same platinum-gold for his loincloth that I used on the Striders, Lylyth, and Thagrosh, though I just realized you can't see it in the pictures.

This was actually a great model to get back into painting, since he was a much smaller project than a unit of infantry or even a heavy warbeast, but still gave me the feeling of accomplishment for finishing something. Now I've got the following left to finish:

2 Spell Martyrs
Saeryn
Rhyas
Warchief
Warspears

That's roughly the order I plan to tackle them, though that may change, particularly when my new heavy arrives! At the end, I want to go back and redo my Shredders. Those of you who have been following this blog for a while may remember that I used them as tests for various paint schemes. Now that I've figured out what I like, I want to go back and make them match the rest of my army.

At the moment, however, they're all being pushed back. The reason is I started noticing the paint chipping off my models, particularly the spines and nails of larger warbeasts. I spoke to some of my friends about it, and they told me it was because I wasn't using Matte Sealer. I picked up a can of Armory Clear Matte Sealer earlier today, and my next project will be patching up all the models I've painted and using the Sealer on them. Once thats finished, I'll be ready to move on to new models!

No comments:

Post a Comment