Wednesday, November 10, 2010

First half of striders painted

My Tuesday and Wednesday groups were both painting this week, so I took the opportunity to get going on my Striders. Here are the first 4 that I've finished:




Also some closeups of the actual unit leader, who I'm particularly proud of since half painted yesterday I was certain he was going to come out terribly:


In particular you can see the radiant platinum on his cape with the back view.

Though they aren't the best minis in the world, I'm pretty pleased with how the color scheme turned out. I initially tried dark grey for the skin, but there wasn't enough contrast so I changed it to the same ice blue as my beasts. I then used the grey for the feather cloaks, which worked much better than dark black since it let some of the detail show. As I mentioned earlier, the capes were done in radiant platinum, which I think came out really nicely. One reason I'm glad I switched from 40k is I can actually take the time to paint each individual model in great detail - these guys took me around an hour each, which is feasible when the army is ~25 models, but not when it's 75+!

No comments:

Post a Comment