Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pirates, yar!

So I put together some Talion Charter lists, and I have to say, I really like how they're coming together. Shae's tier list seems really effective, and I'm thinking of doing 35 points tier 4 like this:

Shae +6
-Buccaneer 3
-Freebooter 6
-Mule 8
-Commodore Cannon 4
Max Press Gangers 6
Max Sea Dogs 8
-Mr. Walls 2
Grogspar 1
Doc Killingsworth 1
Hawk 1
Rockbottom 1

There are two main parts I like about this list. First, with all the infantry, it should play very differently from my Legion army, which relies mostly on beasts. Second, I can replace Shae with another Warcaster and battlegroup to create a different but still effective army. Broadsides Bart is the most obvious option, and taking him with a Mariner and Master Gunner MacNaile instead of the Freebooter and Buccaneer gives me a very shooty force. Drake McBain and a pair of Nomads are another alternative, and since they'll have to be Four Star Syndicate or Highborn Covenant instead of Talion, I can also start looking into cool solos like Gorman Di Wulfe.

So then, looks like I've got my next army chosen. I probably won't get a chance to start them until January at the earliest, as I'd like to get my Legion together first, though I may proxy them for a game or two sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment