Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Warmonger Conversion

I've been working on finishing up the Striders lately, but got a bit tired an decided to spend some time on my other unit: the Warmongers. These guys have been a long time in coming, so I'm really excited to get started on them so I can see how they do on the table. Since I'm not a huge fan of the Warmonger sculpts, I ordered the Warspear box and Warmonger weapon arms, and decided to convert them. However, I was in for a surprise when I opened the Warspear box - they're snap together! Each model comes in a few parts, and they can be snapped on/off. Here's one of them, laid out with the different pieces:
The arms each slide on, like so:
The best part about this is its really easy for me to make these guys modular - by switching arms, they can be Warmongers or Warspears, depending on what I feel like playing. All it'll take is drilling a hole in the center of the Warmonger arms, and they'll slide on:
  
For now, I'm going to leave the spear quivers unattached - I'm not sure how to make them removable at the moment, and Warspears are still pretty recognizable without them. I got so excited I decided to finish putting them together, so I'll leave you with my Blighted Ogrun unit, currently using their Warspear arms. Hopefully they'll show up in a report later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment