Thursday, October 14, 2010

Incomplete game

So I played a 3 person game yesterday, but sadly, we only got about 3 turns in before the store closed. One of the annoying little things about miniature games - they can take a while to play if people don't think ahead, and if people are chatting on the side, you can play for 3 hours and not even come close to finishing. Some highlights:

-I used Saeryn for the first time, and wow, 7 focus makes a difference! I was never worried about running my beasts hot, especially with the Forsaken providing additional help, and a 14" control range makes life so much easier. I didn't get to use her spells much, so I'm hoping to get another game in an try them out more.
-Also used my spell martyrs, but didn't get any use out of them. Learned a bunch though: they should always activate first (or at least before my warlock). There was one point where I ran up two shredders and wanted to blight bringer the further one, but found it just out of casting range. I was concerned with using them up too quickly, but with 3 of them on the field, they are not in short supply - games are normally decided by turn 5, I'll never need one on turn 1, and even Saeryn can only really cast one spell a turn, so I'm going to cast 4 spells, of which 3 can arc.
-Though I saw a little bit of combat, the shredders once again proved that they were basically one-shot missiles, and but they were great at that. I really should stop counting on them to stick around the turn after they go rabid.
-Which reminds me, Legion beasts are incredibly fragile. I'm definitely going to make sure when my Carnivean goes after something, he finishes it.
-Speaking of the devil, my Carnivean once again gets honorable mention for scrapping a Kodiak in 1 turn (even after missing when he only needed a  to hit!), as well as dismounting a nearby dragoon. Honestly I'm starting to believe there is nothing he can't 1 shot.
-Finally, I once again need to pick up a screening unit. This time I had to sacrifice a shredder to keep my warlock safe, which sucked. I'm thinking a unit of Ogrun - 16 armor and 8 boxes should be a bit tougher, they have bigger bases, and its not as painful if I lose 1.

I talked to some of the other players and we are probably going to move to another store in a few weeks, so hopefully there will be a wider variety of opponents available!

No comments:

Post a Comment