Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Striders MIA

So last week, I decided to round out my army to 35 points by adding Epic Thagrosh, a unit of Striders, and the Strider commander and musician. I placed the order, and have been obsessively checking the tracking page ever since. As its been over a week and it still says "In Process", I sent them an email, and they were nice enough to let me know the strider unit was whats holding up the order - apparently they are out of stock everywhere. Since they didn't know when they would get more, I cancelled the order and started look around, and it seems that they were correct, and they are out of stock everywhere! I'm a bit stuck as to what to do at the moment. My local gaming store only stocks more recent models, so my choices are fairly limited - Scythean, Ragavore, Stingers, and Spell Martyrs. The Spell Martyrs seem cool, though while they would work well with Saeryn and Epic Thagrosh, they don't add much to Lylyth. I'll probably pick those up if my normal Cygnar opponent manages to bring 25 points just so I can match her. The other things I'm considering is the Scythean, who would help me make it to 35. The Carnivean has been my star performer so far, and while the Scythean is a little weaker, it is also 2 points less for a huge damage output. It also helps solve the problem of heavy infantry, which is something I've been a bit worried about. I guess it'll mainly come down to how expensive the big guy is...

No comments:

Post a Comment