Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tier list thoughts

So with Forces of Hordes: Legion of Everblight releasing tomorrow, pretty much all the new info has been spoiled, and I've started taking a closer look at the tier lists, particularly for the warlocks I have/play to get. Some just seem bad - Epic Thagrosh has to take a 4 point solo with very low utility for his army just to get higher tiers - and some like Prime Lylyth I'll never have the figures for (I have no interest in archers). Saeryn's definitely seems workable though - I've always been a fan of Nephilim Soldiers, and hers sets them up pretty well. This was the list I mocked up:

Saeryn, Omen of Everblight
Seraph
Seraph
Nephilim Soldier
Nephilim Soldier
Nephilim Soldier
Nephilim Protector
Blackfrost Shard
Nyss Sorceress

The goal is to get into range, then pop Saeryn's feat and have the Soldiers fly over any defenders and cut the caster to ribbons. P+S 14 is respectable, and Reach helps them avoid getting in each others way. The Sorceress gives them a free charge letting them save their fury for more attacks, and the Blackfrost Shard can use Ice Cage and Kiss of Lyliss to make the enemy caster easier to finish off. The Protector is free and helps keep Saeryn safe during the set-up, and the Seraphs can slipstream to give the soldiers extra range while also providing ranged support. Its very beast heavy, but when I run hot I plan to end the game. This probably won't come to fruition for a while since I don't have most of the models, but it seems like it would be fun to proxy up sometime.

The other tier list that seems interesting is Rhyas. While I don't have her yet, shes definitely on the top of my list of casters to get, and I'll probably pick her up when I buy the models to bring me up to 50 points. Her tier 4 requires a pair of angelius that I'm not a huge fan of, but up to tier 3 it definitely seems like a solid list. Here what I was thinking:

Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight
Carnivean
Seraph
Min Swordsmen + UA
Min Swordsmen + UA
Blackfrost Shard

This list seems a little more likely for me to build, especially if I take the swordsmen and blackfrost shard to get to 50. Its also got a lot of hard-hitting power with the swordsmen, and on feat turn I could see them tearing through most of the opponent's army. Once again the Blackfrost Shard provides debuffing support and the Seraph adds slipstreaming shenanigans. I read a strategy with the Carnivean I want to try: on Rhyas's feat turn, if the Carnivean throws an enemy model at the caster, he will teleport next to that unit and, by extension, the caster. Though he gives up his initial attacks, with the bonus attack from the feat and most of his fury, he should be able to take the enemy warlock out. Something to try when I place another order!

No comments:

Post a Comment